Conner was obsessed with watching the planes take off. It was very entertaining.
Last week Conner and I flew to Vegas to see Claire and Gwennan. Billy was on a business trip most of the week so we went to keep them company. And my mom decided to join last minute! It was so fun.
The flight was only an hour and 15 minutes!
Southwest was awesome and I got to bring Conner's carseat on and he had his own seat since the flight wasn't full. Flight there was a piece of cake. Read a few magazines, watched some Kipper on my iphone and we were landing. It felt like we were barely up in the air before they came on the intercom saying we were descending.
Love short flights.
Only downside to traveling by myself was -- traveling by myself. I only have 2 arms. Imagine, pregnant lady, dragging carseat, pushing stroller, carrying totebag full of toys for the plane (we didn't use) trying to get down the narrow aisle of the airplane. I hit everyone's knees as we went by. We finally got seated to find out we were in the row in front of the exit row and you can't put a carseat on that row. Luckily everyone was very friendly and very helpful and we got situated in no time. My only fear was what to do if I had to go to the bathroom? Leave Conner buckled in his carseat? Or take him with me in the tiny bathroom? Anyone seen that movie about the lady whose little girl is taken from her on the plane. I've never seen it, but I definitely remember the preview. Yikes. Luckily no need for a bathroom break on that short of a flight!
It was such a fun week and I discovered how kid/family friendly Las Vegas is! The parks are awesome and all free! Everywhere we went seemed to have great playgrounds and splash pads.
Below is the dino discovery park
Of course we missed Auntie Charlie! (or Cha Cha as Conner refers to her)
The last night Claire had 2 of her french students come and babysit so we could go to the Four Season's with some friends that were in town. It was so fun. Obviously Conner LOVED the babysitters too. So nice. Just need to find some girls like that in NorCal.
Gwennan's sweet face! And birdie headband I gave her. Mom did some fun crafting while we were there. Post to come about "Nature Journals and badges"! Fun!
Conner stylin like Uncle Tom!
Nonnie in a grandkid sandwich. We are so lucky to have her!
Conner kept wanting to hold Gwennan. It was really precious and made me even more excited for #2!
He would rock her and then ask her if she was ok, so precious@!
This is right before we took off Conner threw up all over himself. I was just patting myself on the back for taking time to pack him a healthy snack of sliced apples and I guess one went down the wrong pipe. Conner is very good at gagging food up so out came all the apples. Luckily I had read my friend Jane's post about Fisher's accident on the plane and I remembered to pack a spare set of clothes! Thanks Jane :) I had him cleaned up and changed before we even took off. Whew, disaster averted. This time I did not attempt to carry the carseat on the plane. Even though it was so nice to have him all buckled in and not able to escape, the effort to get it there was not worth it. He did pretty well staying in the seat with the tiny lap belt.
We already miss our cousin and can't wait for the next time we see them!
No comments:
Post a Comment