Here is the latest project I completed over the weekend.
I am happy with how it turned out.
I discovered several things about myself during this project:
a. I do not wish to refinish furniture
b. I do not wish to paint for a living
c. It is way too hot to be doing a project outside right now
d. Doing projects with a baby are not that practical or fun for either of us
e. I was able to push myself to complete it, even though I wanted to quit halfway through
f. Oil based paints do not come off very easily
g. If you have a dog that sheds a lot, and you're doing a project on "her" porch, you will have dog hair in your paint. No matter how hard you try not to.
h. I do love projects though... (when they're completed)
cabinet - $15 at an estate sale
sandpaper, primer, paint - $63
hardware - $38
new cabinet = $116
I don't know if the end product is worth the money I put in it, but I did learn some valuable lessons about myself (see points above).

No comments:
Post a Comment